Readmission Avoidance Program
Avery Telehealth guarantees clients a 30% reduction in readmissions
On October 1st, 2015 CMS’s Hospital Reduction Program in the fourth year began penalized, 2,592 for excess readmission for conditions such as heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, chronic lung problems & elective hip or knee replacement.
- Approximately 34,000,000 hospital discharges occur in the U.S. each year.
- 20% of discharged Medicare patients are readmitted in 30 days and 34% are readmitted within 90 days
- 90% of readmissions within 30 days are unplanned due to clinical deterioration
- 75% of all hospital readmissions are preventable
There are 3 primary reasons for readmission:
- Lack of Execution of Discharge Plan
- Lack of Patient Education
- Lack of Post-Discharge Care Coordination
Avery Telehealth’s 30 day Readmission Avoidance Program (RAP) focuses on proactive care transition planning, patient centric post discharge care coordination and remote telehealth monitoring. Avery uses proprietary care system that takes the hospital discharge orders, executes the orders and proactively coordinates care with patient’s primary care provider and other community health providers. All patients are remotely monitored by our Registered Nurses